Just like you- I hate stress. I’ve worked with families for almost a decade, and I figured it out early on. Parenthood is tough. When you want children to do one thing- they often do the opposite. When you have a tight timeline, it’s as if they sense the urgency, and it almost always causes a meltdown (hey- I think we all feel that way under pressure sometimes..)
I quickly realized that my favorite sessions (and my clients’ favorite images) came from times that were relaxed, little to no direction, and were very candid in nature.
A few points to consider about WHY you should choose a documentary style session:
- Stress Free! Unscripted Photo Sessions are meant to be stress free. There are no hard time limits. My goal is to be something in between a fly on the wall, and an old family friend hanging out (with a couple cameras 😉). We go with the flow- often let the children lead the way, and capture some truly stunning memories that are authentic.
- Flexibility! These sessions can document anything from daily life (little moments to memorialize your little one’s childhood) to big life changes (a growing family, a new home, a new pet, etc).
- Genuine moments! Without tight timelines and expectations of everyone looking at the camera and smiling, you get real personality and sweet moments that authentic for YOUR family. I even have fun questionnaires that will help me capture things that are most important to you at this point in your life.
- Completely unique! No staged photos and overused props here!! Documentary sessions allow us to capture your family (and home!) exactly as they are – completely unique with all the qualities you love most about them.
- Value! When you look back at photos from a documentary session – you’ll be transported to those moments where you were genuinely involved and not praying that the kids will all cooperate and look at the camera at the same time. You’ll feel the love you had in that moment, cherishing their tiny hands and voices as you enjoy these photos for a lifetime.